Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hi!

Hello friend. Welcome to my blog. I've never blogged before, but I realized nobody ever knew what I was doing.

I'm going to Thailand for seven weeks this summer to try to learn about wh-questions and reflexives in Moken, an Austronesian language spoken by sea nomads who live off the coast of Ranong, Thailand. I did it last summer, and it was really hard, and I kind of didn't get as much done as I hoped. So I'm going back to try and rectify the situation, but I'm a little scared.

I might also do something fun at the end of the trip, too. Hopefully it will involve limestone, the ocean, and a beach. I also plan on eating a lot of food that will be deLISHous.

Please read this blog. It will make me feel good. I like you, too, which is why I want you to read it, okay? Thanks. So...take care of yourselves. Oh, I've been known to be an erratic emailer and poster, so dont' freak if I'm a little late in posting (meaning, if I go, say, a couple weeks without saying anything.)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

watch out for those red-tailed monkeys while you are there. i heard they are fierce. i also heard that you have wrestled three mountain lions, so maybe you can handle the red-tailed monkeys.

Marie said...

Take care of yourself broface. And don't leave us hanging.

Unknown said...

yay. fun. have a sweet time! and come back soon, okay cuz?

Paul and Lois said...

Good to know you made it safely. I can't say I like the idea of going three weeks between posts. That would be as bad as Melissa in a tropical storm.

We'll be praying for you. Have some durian for me.